Invitation To Tender
Invitation to tender POWERbreathe International 2020: New Product Concept Design Stage 1
Project Code: PBIISA082020
POWERbreathe International Ltd offers drug free, evidence-based, breathing rehabilitation and respiratory products. Recognised as global leaders in breathing rehabilitation technology developed by working closely with world leading Human Performance Scientists; Medical Practitioners; Electronic and Design Engineers, POWERbreathe have developed cutting edge products for medical professional and patient use, as well as, for the consumer, lifestyle, fitness and sports sectors.
POWERbreathe International Limited is seeking to appoint a product design house to create, conceptualize and design for manufacture a new innovative product within our product range. The total budget for the project is still to be determined and it will be part of the tender scoring process. The project is due for completion no later than January 2021. The design house will work closely with POWERbreathe International’s in-house design team to further develop the initial design and take it to a fully manufacturable product.
3. KEY OBJECTIVES
Please Note: The list below is not a definitive work package, ultimately the designs house will be responsible for proposing a work package that they feel is required to successfully complete the project. The Work package may include:
- work package 1: Design for Manufacture
- work package 2: Prototype of the Revised Design
- work package 3: Design Verification Prototyping
The successful tender will consider the current portfolio of products within the PBI range. The design has been developed to an initial prototype phase with the current prototype needing to be refined and redesigned based on initial user feedback and validation testing. (Further information please contact POWERbreathe Design Manager Darren Lam for detailed project information). POWERbreathe International are seeking to appoint an innovative and creative agency which shares our values and will help us take the initial piece of conceptual design and prototyping to the next stage of design and development. Along with the POWERbreathe design team, the design will need to be validated and verified against requirements gathered from the scoping phase of the project.
4.1 WE ANTICIPATE THE DELIVERABLES COMPRISING (AT A MINIMUM):
- Design reports including sketches /dimensions and/or computer-generated visualisation at the end of each of the project stages.
- Revised design developed as an initial data pack suitable for quotation, supplied as 3D design data supported by component control drawings and BoM, with a 3D printed block model to confirm external size Finalise design scheme
- One-off working prototype for testing and evaluation.
- Pre-production design support and design modifications as required. Budget based on 8 days support.
5. CONTRACT AWARD
Suppliers and those organisations looking to bid for this tender should be aware that if they are awarded a new contract for the project, any Intellectual Property created will be held by POWERbreathe International Limited.
6. TENDER SELECTION SCORING CRITERIA
For transparency, the following selection criteria and its weighting is as follows:
- Technical Specification (25%)
- Price (25%)
- Supply Timescale (20%)
- Experience / track record (20%)
- Other, for example prior relationship with POWERbreathe, Communications (10%)
The tender award is subject to ERDF Grant Offer from Coventry & Warwickshire Innovation Programme.
8. INSTRUCTIONS FOR TENDER SUBMISSION
Should you wish to tender for this project please consider the following:
- You will need to sign an NDA before any detailed information about the project is released
- Provide name of company contact
Please return the required information in writing (marked Confidential Tender, Reference PBIISA082020) to the following address, or electronically to darren.lam@POWERbreathe.com by 12.00 on 18th September 2020
Mr Darren Lam
POWERbreathe International Limited
For any queries about the project please contact me by e-mail or call me on: +44 (0) 1926 816100