Internationally-acclaimed leading expert Professor Alison McConnell provides an evidence-based resource that is built upon scientific knowledge, as well as, clinical experience at the cutting-edge of respiratory training in a wide range of settings.
‘Respiratory Muscle Training: Theory and Practice’ is the ideal companion for those using POWERbreathe IMT for respiratory problems as it provides readers with:
- An introduction to respiratory physiology and exercise physiology, as well as training theory
- An understanding of how disease affects the respiratory muscles and the mechanics of breathing
- An insight into the disease-specific, evidence-based benefits of RMT
- Advice on the application of RMT as a standalone treatment, and as part of a rehabilitation programme
- Guidance on the application of functional training techniques to RMT