Internationally-acclaimed leading expert Professor Alison McConnell provides an evidence-based resource that is built upon current scientific knowledge, as well as, clinical experience at the cutting-edge of respiratory training in a wide range of settings.
'Respiratory Muscle Training: Theory and Practice' is the ideal companion for those using a POWERbreathe breathing muscle trainer for respiratory problems as it provides readers with:
'Breathe Strong Perform Better', also written by Professor McConnell, is availabe for those who wish to know how RMT can help improve fitness and sports performance.
The book is divided into two parts, Theory and Practice:
There are also over 100 "Functional" IMT exercises described which incorporate a stability and/or postural challenge, including exercises that address specific "dyspnoeagenic" movements.
Respiratory Muscle Training, 1st Edition
Part I: Theoretical basis of respiratory muscle training
Introduction to Part I
1. Anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system
2. Exercise physiology and training principles
3. The respiratory muscles
4. Functional benefits of respiratory muscle training (RMT)
Part II: Practical application of respiratory muscle training
Introduction to Part II
5. Methods of respiratory muscle training (RMT)
6. Implementing respiratory muscle training (RMT)
7. Functional training of the respiratory muscles