We’re often asked what the difference is between the various series of POWERbreathe models, so we thought we’d help by writing a quick overview of each series.
In a later blog we will look at comparing the difference between each of the Mechanical Models.
MECHANICAL SERIES’ VERSUS ELECTRONIC SERIES
The models in the two mechanical series’ of POWERbreathe require their variable load training to be adjusted mechanically.
The models in the electronic series of POWERbreathe feature an electronically controlled resistance valve which automatically provides the appropriate training load.
The Mechanical Series
POWERbreathe Classic was the first mechanical POWERbreathe series to be developed. It is an entry level series and ideal for those new to breathing training.
POWERbreathe Plus was the second mechanical POWERbreathe series to be developed. It has a more contemporary and ergonomic design than the Classic which results in a 65% improvement in airflow dynamic and therefore a more comfortable and efficient user experience.
Mechanical Series Models
Each series (POWERbreathe Classic and POWERbreathe Plus) has three models available within it, so there is a model to suit everyone, whatever level of fitness or breathing strength.
- Level 1 (LR) – Entry level for new users and those with breathing problems (e.g. asthma).
- Level 2 (MR) – For those who are moderate to very fit.
- Level 3 (HR) – Only for those who have reached the maximum loading on Level 2.
What do the different colours signify?
When the first three POWERbreathe Classic units were manufactured colours were used for ease of identification: green for Level 1 (LR); blue for Level 2 (MR); red for Level 3 (HR).
The same three colours were then used for the second POWERbreathe series: POWERbreathe Plus. Later in the development of the POWERbreathe Plus series limited edition colours were introduced (e.g. Amethyst) then later still special edition colours: Special Edition Black and Special Edition Pink.
The Electronic Series
The POWERbreathe K-Series is the third POWERbreathe series to be developed and is the world’s first intelligent digital breathing training device. It is the only advanced electronic series with training feedback. Because it uses auto-optimising Inspiratory Muscle Training technology, it takes the guesswork out of training. Unlike the mechanical series’, the electronic K-Series offers advanced, adaptable and personalised respiratory coaching.
Electronic Series Models
- POWERbreathe K1 – Entry level with basic essential features.
- POWERbreathe K2 – Intermediate model with more advanced features.
- POWERbreathe K3 – Advanced model with yet more advanced features plus graphical history and warm-up/cool-down modes.
- POWERbreathe K4 with Breathe-Link Software – Elite training, testing and monitoring for individuals.
- POWERbreathe K5 with Breathe-Link Software – Elite training, testing and monitoring for individuals, personal trainers, groups and team coaching environment as the K5 Breathe-Link software offers personalised breathing training sessions.
Find out more about the development of POWERbreathe in History of POWERbreathe.
We hope this overview has helped to clarify the differences between the mechanical and electronic series of POWERbreathe. If you have any other questions you would like answers to then please leave a comment here or on the POWERbreathe Forum, Facebook or Twitter as we’d be happy to answer them.