POWERbreathe Medical Devices
The POWERbreathe Medic was the first in a series of POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Trainers researched and developed for medical and health professionals that have been scientifically proven to strengthen the inspiratory muscles, reducing breathlessness, improving exercise tolerance and enhancing quality of life in a wide range of patients.
After 20 months of rigorous assessment, the POWERbreathe Medic was made available in the UK for prescription in the National Health Service (NHS) Drug Tariff.
The POWERbreathe Medic is the only Inspiratory Muscle Training device available on prescription that has been used in research into the benefits of Inspiratory Muscle Training for a variety of medical conditions.
In 2007 the POWERbreathe Medic was also made available over the counter (OTC) at pharmacies / healthcare retailers throughout the UK.
Research into inspiratory muscle training, where POWERbreathe was actually used for the inspiratory muscle training. (Please note this is not yet definitive and we will be adding to it.)
- Effects of IMT After Lung Cancer Surgery, a Randomized Controlled Trial
- Inspiratory muscle training reduces blood lactate concentration during volitional hyperpnoea
- Inspiratory muscle training: a simple cost-effective treatment for inspiratory stridor
- Inspiratory muscle training improves lung function and reduces exertional dyspnoea in mild/moderate asthmatics
- Evaluation of an inspiratory muscle trainer in healthy humans
- The effects of 1 year of specific inspiratory muscle training in patients with COPD
- Effects of inspiratory muscle training on respiratory function and repetitive sprint performance in wheelchair basketball players
- Concurrent inspiratory muscle and cardiovascular training differentially improves both perceptions of effort and 5000 m running performance compared with cardiovascular training alone
Top Papers Supporting The Clinical Use Of IMT for COPDshow
Top Papers Supporting The Clinical Use Of IMT for Asthmashow
Top Papers Supporting The Clinical Use Of IMT for Heart Failureshow