Caroline Kremer is a qualified Bowen Technique practitioner (European College of Bowen Studies) and uses her qualifications and skills not only to bring muscular, skeletal, emotional and physiological systems back into balance, but also to educate clients to improve breathing patterns and re-discover breathing awareness.
Caroline believes in addressing and treating the whole physical system for long-term good health and uses cutting-edge, drug-free treatment of sports injury, rehabilitation, recovery and maintenance, and for boosting sports performance by “rebooting the lungs”.
Caroline has taken a POWERbreathe K5 with Breathe-Link Software for a period of time to evaluate the benefits of this inspiratory muscle training, testing and real-time breathing measurement and analysis on her clients, including athletes.
Caroline is the founder of Just Breathe, and The Caroline Kremer Method uses a “variety of diagnostic techniques to enable greater awareness of the pattern of the breath”, and we believe POWERbreathe would be a valuable addition to Caroline’s treatment. The Caroline Kremer Method is for sporting enthusiasts aiming for peak performance, which is why we believe POWERbreathe would be such a good fit. POWERbreathe has been used in numerous scientific trials and research and shown to:
- Improve inspiratory muscle strength by 31.2%
- Improve inspiratory muscle endurance by 27.8%
- Accelerate recovery during repeated sprints by up to 7% (Romer et al., 2002b)
- Improve cycling time trial performance by 4.6% - equivalent to slashing 3-minutes off a 40k time trial (Romer et al., 2002a)
- Enable participants to cycle for 33% longer and with lower sense of effort
- Improve rowing time trial performance by up to 2.2% - equivalent to slashing 60m in a 2km race (Volianitis et al., 2001)
- Increase swimming performance by up to 3.5% (Kilding et al., 2009)
- Reduce whole body effort during exercise (Tong et al., 2008)
- Warm-up the breathing muscles & significantly improved rowing performance and reduced breathlessness in competitive rowers
- Warm-up the breathing muscles which normal warm-up routines fail to do
- Speed-up lactate clearance more effectively than traditional active recovery strategies
We will be contacting Caroline after about 6 weeks to see how she’s getting on using the K5 with her clients, and to see if she has some feedback from her own experience of using POWERbreathe, so watch this space.